Dog Joint Medicine
Taking care of your dog’s health should be a priority for every dog owner. These animals bring so much joy and happiness in our life.
But when they are in pain or suffering from a disease, it breaks the heart to see them go through the ordeal.
In recent times, pet researchers are noticing that more dogs are facing joint problems. This may be due to weight-related issues, genetic problems, or accidents.
Whatever the reason, the suffering your dog goes through is immeasurable.
If you ignore the signs of joint pains or arthritis in the initial stages, it may turn your dog immovable.
What's the remedy?
Dog joint medicine or joint supplements for dogs may provide some relief for dogs suffering from joint-related issues. Most of these supplements contain Glucosamine as the key ingredient.
Glucosamine reduces joint inflammation, joint pain, and helps in increasing joint mobility. When glucosamine is combined with chondroitin, it helps in quickly repairing the joint and hip structure.
The market is flooded with dog joint medicine containing glucosamine as the main ingredient. You shouldn’t buy a product without having proper knowledge or information.
You should do some research to ascertain which joint supplements for dogs are trustworthy.
Things to keep in mind while buying Glucosamine Supplement
A recent study by ConsumerLab has shown that not all the supplements contain the exact amount of glucosamine as mentioned on the label.
Some products even contain lead, arsenic, and other harmful chemicals that affect the health of dogs. Hence, you should be extra careful while buying the supplements for your dog.
The following are some points you should remember while buying glucosamine for dogs.
· Study about the products before you buy
· Don’t go for cheap products
· Preferably buy supplements made in the USA as Chinese products may contain cheap quality glucosamine
· Check the label for content and avoid if the contents are unknown or if you think they are harmful to your dog
· Consult the veterinarian if have any doubts
Below are a few glucosamine products that have proven their worth in relieving dog joint pain.
DoggieTrainingcentre.biz is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Liquid Glucosamine by Pet Goodness
This is one of the best-selling glucosamine products in the market. It is specially designed to support the hip and joints of the dog.
As the name suggests, it contains glucosamine as the main ingredient, which helps to relieve the pain and enhances joint movements.
It is fortified with advanced optiMSM, which has sulfur in it. The optiMSM helps in supporting joints, connective tissue, and cartilage.
It possesses anti-inflammatory qualities, which is ideal for dogs suffering from hip dysplasia, arthritis pain, and early aging. It also contains an omega 369 blend, which helps in boosting the immunity.
All the ingredients are of high quality and human-grade. The bacon flavor of the liquid glucosamine allows you to mix it with any dog food.
· Made with human-grade ingredients
· Advanced optiMSM helps in providing extra strength to joints
· Bacon flavor lets you mix the liquid with dog food
· Specially designed for dogs suffering from arthritis, dysplasia, and early aging.
· Refrigeration is required due to the liquid form of the product
Hip+Joint Chews for Dogs by Genuine Naturals
If you are looking for a glucosamine supplement containing natural ingredients, you should go for Hip+Joint Chews.
Apart from having glucosamine and chondroitin, the product contains natural ingredients like turmeric and dried Yucca.
Glucosamine and chondroitin help in relieving and repairing joint tissues.
Turmeric acts as an anti-inflammatory.
Yucca is known for its antioxidants qualities due to the presence of Vitamin C. The chews come in cube shape and taste like any treats.
All the ingredients are sourced from different parts of the USA ensuring no contamination.
· Made from natural ingredients
· Good balance of glucosamine and chondroitin
· Turmeric and Yucca enhance anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities
· Easily digestible cube-sized chews
· All ingredients are sourced within the USA
· Some dog may feel vomiting sensation after eating
Nutramax Cosequin Maximum Strength
This product comes in a chewable tablet form. It contains glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, and MSM as key ingredients. The chewable tablets can be easily administrated with any dog food.
The tablets help in increasing the strength of your dog’s joints and hip. It strengthens cartilage and protects the cartilage from breaking down.
It is the number one veterinarian-recommended brand so you don’t have to feel unsafe about the product.
· Easily administrable tablets
· Contains joint-friendly ingredients compared to other products
· Best for cartilage strengthening
· Number one recommended dog joint medicine by veterinarians
· Laced with artificial flavor
· A little on the expensive side
Glycoflex Joint Support by VetriScience
Glycoflex joint support is third stage joint medicine developed by VetriScience Laboratories. The supplement is specially designed to give comfort and support to the dog’s joints and hip.
This brand boasts 30 years of experience in manufacturing joint supplement products. Hence, you can easily trust its quality and effectiveness.
The third stage formula provides a higher level of glucosamine, MSM, and perna canaliculus. These ingredients give a higher level of joint care for dogs.
It is a clinically proven product and increases the strength of the joints by 41% in four weeks.
It is especially recommended for old age dogs, dogs in need of maximum support for joint and connective tissue, and recovery after arthritis surgery.
Naturally flavored with real chicken and big-sized chews allows it to mix with all types of dog food.
· Third stage formula of glucosamine
· High amounts of ingredients per tablet
· Improves the strength of joints by 41% in four weeks
· Specially formulated for old age dogs and recommended as after surgery joint medicine.
· No chondroitin
· A bit on expensive compared to other products.
There are other supplements available in the market. All of them contain the same ingredients. The above products have been chosen after considering all the other brands. If you still have confusion, it better you consult your vet.